Sunday, November 17, 2019

I HAVE TO LET IT GO - by Courtney Lenore Gravley







I  HAVE  TO  LET  IT  GO

by Courtney Lenore Gravley



I have to let it go
I have to say good-bye
There's nowhere else to turn
No place left to hide
I was in denial
Praying it could work
Now I'm empty of emotion
Filled with only hurt
Now my eyes have been opened 
To face the harsh reality
I could never tie you down
And you'd only corrupt me
I put all my efforts into us
Hoping we could grow
Now I walk away crying 
With nothing left to show
I don't want your apologizes
Or explainations why
You faultered because of your mistakes
And are without because of your lies
It took me a long time to see
Us failing isn't my fault and
That you couldn't care less about me
Because my love's not what you sought
Just forget the special times we shared
Or all the love we've shown
Because I need strength to move on
From the only love I've known




 






No comments:

Post a Comment