Saturday, November 30, 2019

A MOTHER'S PRAYER - by Fazia






A  MOTHER'S  PRAYER

by Fazia - Ali, Trinidad

\
Sleep my tender one, sleep without fear,
And allow thy mother to offer a silent prayer.
For although now you have an innocent face,
I know that very soon of this world's poison you'll taste.


Dear God, his face is full of promise and that fills my heart with hope,
That maybe, just maybe, in this harsh world You'll enable him to cope.
For life is one long and difficult race,
And he must quickly in this universe find his humble place.


He like many others are heirs to this cruel and unpredictable world,
So truth and justice he must uphold,
From the evil temptations of man he must refrain,
Just as from immorality and treachery for his own well being abstain.


I know I will not be able to see him through all life's tests,
Hence all I can do is teach him well and hope for the best.
So I pray Thee Lord, that my little bundle of joy seeks knowledge and like a warrior fight,
And that You give him the strength to fight the wrongs of this world, so that he may one day, with Your help, make them right.









No comments:

Post a Comment