Tuesday, January 14, 2020

YEARS OF TEARS - by Nicole Mae Grantham





YEARS  OF  TEARS

by   Nicole Mae Grantham




If there's anything I've learned over the years, 
it's that in order to be truly happy,
you must shed some tears. 
Well, I've shed my years of tears, 
and now it's my turn to be happy.
You see, through my years of tears, 
I gave up so many things,
the most important of which was--
my self-worth.
I  believed I was not wanted.
I believed I could never be loved.
I was told that all my hopes, dreams, and wishes
would never come true.
Why? I asked as I shed my tears.
Now, NOW it's my turn to be happy,
for I have found my truest love,
the one who makes my hopes, dreams, and wishes come true,
the one who makes me feel wanted,
the one who loves ME.
This is my advice to all of you--
Remember that when you're in your room,
all balled up in the corner shedding your tears,
remember that it is only part of the circle of life, 
and soon, VERY soon, you, too, will be truly happy.  













No comments:

Post a Comment