Thursday, January 9, 2020

THE SHADOW YOU LEFT BEHIND - by Anganiesha Gilliam






THE  SHADOW  YOU  LEFT  BEHIND

by Anganiesha  Gilliam



Every time I hear a sound, I turn around
but it's just the wind.
I try not to miss you, but I cannot pretend.
You were more to me than just my friend.


I closed my eyes and counted to ten, wishing
you were here with me.
I opened my eyes and there you were.
No! It was only your shadow I could see.


I dried my eyes and tried to be strong,
promising to keep you in my heart.
It makes me that sad you left your shadow behind,
not even knowing you were still on my mind.


I wish I could hold your shadow forever,
instead of it fading away.
You left your shadow behind, along with my heart,
and left me with nothing to say.









No comments:

Post a Comment