Wednesday, February 12, 2020

MY VALENTINE - by W. M. MacKeracher







MY   VALENTINE

by  W. M. MacKeracher



O Dorothy, sweet Dorothy,
    You make my heart rejoice;
Your presence is like Arcady,
    There's music in your voice;
Heaven's purity is on your brow,
    Its light is in your eyne;
I love you, and I ask you now
    To be my Valentine.


Your face is like the lily in
    The morning's ruddy light;
Your dimpled cheeks and tiny chin
    Are blessings to my sight;
Your lips are fairer than the rose
    And redder far than wine;
Your teeth are whiter than the snows:
    You'll be my Valentine!


You are not quite so old as I,
    You've seen but summers three;
And that's no doubt the reason why
    You are not coy with me.
I'll come to you to-morrow,
    And on chocolates we'll dine;
And you'll have no thought of sorrow
    When you are my Valentine.

- 1908 -












No comments:

Post a Comment