Monday, September 14, 2020

THE GLASS IS SITTING EMPTY - by Silvana Krculic

 




 THE GLASS IS SITTING EMPTY


by Silvana  Krculic




I wrote you a love song,
And saved it to my computer.
So you could see the love I felt for thee.
Can I rest my head on your shoulder?
Just one time, so I could show you love
Stronger than you ever had.



I left the computer on:
"To load the memories of you and me."
Can you not tell? We get on so well.
But the computer could not tell.
You knew me well, I knew you well.
My heart was on the mend.




I'll send you this letter: when you're away 
From me, I feel so sad. I was thinking
By now, you would be coming my way. 
Just dreaming about you makes me so glad! 
The glass is sitting empty by the window.
I took a sip for you, and one for me!




I miss you so much, can't you see?
When you come to the city,
Search under the file. When you find the file,
Search under the name. When you find the name,
Label me forgotten. I have waited long,
But things are not the same...






No comments:

Post a Comment