Monday, September 21, 2020

I WONDER WHY - by Mukulika Mukherjee

 




 I  WONDER  WHY

by   Mukulika Mukherjee



I wonder why nothing seems right,
Even if the day is sunny and bright,
As I sit by the window sill,
Wondering why time seems to be frozen still…


When was the last time I saw your smile?
That enchanting smile that did beguile
Driving my blues away!
Oh was it just yesterday?


In the garden the birds chirp and sing,
And butterflies flap many a pretty wing,
Colorful flowers are everywhere,
Oh if only their joy I could share!


Joyful memories of the time gone by,
Now only bring a tear to my eye,
And no matter how much I try, Oh dear,
I can never forget you, I fear.


When you’re here again, everything would seem right,
Even if the day isn’t so sunny and bright,
So here I sit by the window sill,
Perhaps knowing why time seems to be frozen still…









No comments:

Post a Comment