Monday, May 11, 2020

LEAVING - by David Fronius





LEAVING

by David  Fronius


she left that day carrying her heart
the sun then fell out of the sky
into my sea of tears
stars no longer shined
replaced by clouds of despair
and the wind laughed wickedly
as if mocking my loss
I never saw it coming
as if eyes were closed
but still feeling the pain
that had been wrought
though I had always known
love as being a game of chance
I felt this was right
she was right, we were right
so I poured out my soul
embraced her with my heart
showing her how alive love could be;
the roses never smelled sweeter
the sun never brighter
the winds as calm as still waters
and the stars were the wallpaper
our silohuetted bodies were framed in
but then she left that day with her heart
sun, sky, nor even stars stayed then
only the tears of despair
and the wicked laughter
was there in the end
like that of a clown 
still performing on the stage
going through the motions
after everyone had long gone home...









No comments:

Post a Comment