Wednesday, October 23, 2019

FOOTPRINTS... ON THE SAND - by Bhaskar Mitra



FOOTPRINTS... ON THE SAND


by Bhaskar Mitra



Who is she, who treads so soft?
Like ripples made by a petal dropped;
On a pool whose surface so calmly stands,
Every drop bound by silence strands;
That breaks, whenever so slightly touched,
So gently, as if ashamed of being watched.


Like the breeze that hums nature’s song,
And whispers in my ears all day long.
Like the moon that bashfully looks
At itself in the flowing silvery brooks.
Like the starry eyes staring from up so high
So keenly with such an envious sigh.


I see the ocean, who does beckon the land,
And its breaking waves like a stretching hand
To kiss the sand where you once had stepped,
And with your presence the world newly shaped.
But I see it fall short one more time, every time;
Like an innocent boy who just can't do a crime.


And there it stays, your footsteps on the sand,
Making the watery bed jealous of the land;
Where once you were there, and now are gone
But left behind is a beautiful picture drawn;
Of memories of times when you were here,
Just by my side and to my heart so near.


I see the waves break and my heart breaks too;
The waves retreat but I shall wait for you.
Like the stars and the sea, I am envious of the land,
Where once did fall footsteps so grand.
Now that you are gone, inside it so badly does hurt;
You’ve left footsteps in the sand; now leave them in my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment