Friday, December 18, 2020

A SECRET - by Meredith Nicholson






A SECRET

by  Meredith  Nicholson


He said, “No one shall ever learn
This secret that my heart must keep;
No matter how the wolds may burn,
No matter how my heart may leap,
No one shall know I love her so,
No one shall know, no one shall know!”


But though his lips were tightly sealed,
The very birds his secret guessed,
For in his eyes it was revealed,
And in his face it was confessed
“I love her so, I love her so,
But none shall know, but none shall know?”


The wind soon found it and ran on
To tell it to the wondering flowers,
And bear it to the gates of dawn,
Where loiter all the coming hours,
That they might know he loved her so,
That they might know, that they might know!


Some time all secrets must unfold,
And soon did he a listener seek,
To whom his story might be told
Before the laughing world should speak
And tell her (if she did not know!)
He loved her so, he loved her so !






No comments:

Post a Comment